6-inspiring-student-ministry-series-ideas-for-the-fall

6 Inspiring Student Ministry Series Ideas for the Fall

380

Fall is an exciting time of transition in our ministries. Not only do the leaves start to change and the air turns crisp, but students are returning to school, moving up grade levels, and ready to get back to work. In youth ministry, we have the opportunity to ride the momentum of this back to school energy and invigorate an atmosphere where young hearts can encounter God in fresh and meaningful ways. To help you make the most of this season, we’ve compiled a list of captivating student ministry series ideas that will ignite the hearts of your youth and deepen their faith journey.

1. “Rooted in Faith” Series:

This series focuses on building a strong foundation of faith in Christ. As students return to school and unpredictable social dynamics, having an identity firmly rooted in Christ is a game changer. In this series, you can explore essential biblical truths, foundational beliefs, and practical tools for young Christians to deepen their roots in Christ. Address questions like “What does it mean to have faith?” and “How can we grow our faith in challenging times?” Encourage small group discussions and personal reflections to make the learning experience more impactful.

2. “Unshakable” Series:

In a rapidly shifting world, it’s crucial for students to understand the unchanging nature of God. This series delves into the unshakable characteristics of God’s love, grace, and promises. In the midst of navigating their own worlds full of change and uncertainty, students will gain a solid sense of security in God’s presence, no matter the circumstances they face.

3. “Unplugged: Rediscovering God’s Presence” Series:

With the growing influence of technology and social media, this series calls for a season of unplugging from distractions and plugging into God’s presence. Guide students in spiritual discipline, like finding moments of silence, prayer, and meditation on God’s Word. Teach them the myriad of ways we can worship beyond a couple songs on Sunday mornings or Wednesday nights. Offer them tools, strategies, and inspiration to make the time to encounter God in the quiet of nature and explore how God speaks in the stillness of their hearts.

4. “Faith in Action” Series:

Sometimes, our faith journeys can be a little self-centered: how am I growing in Christ? What is God saying to me? What is God’s plan for my life? While these questions are important and helpful, they aren’t the whole of a Christ-like walk. In Matthew 28:19, Jesus tells us to “go and make disciples of all the nations”. In this series, you can challenge your students to turn their focus from within to without by putting their faith into action through service and outreach projects. Each week, focus on a different area of need within the community, both locally and globally. From feeding the hungry to supporting orphanages, this series will help your students understand the practical implications of their faith and experience the joy of serving others.

5. “Epic: Heroes of the Faith” Series:

As a flawed young person, it can be difficult to imagine how God could use you. The good news is, God uses imperfect people to accomplish his perfect will. Introduce your youth to inspiring yet imperfect biblical heroes and heroines who demonstrated unwavering faith in God. Explore the lives of figures like David, Esther, Ruth, and Peter, drawing life lessons and encouragement from their journeys. Connect these stories to contemporary challenges and encourage your students to embrace their role as modern-day heroes of faith.

6. “Armor Up!” Series:

In a culture where young people face various pressures and temptations on a daily basis, empower them to take up the armor of God as described in Ephesians 6:10-18. Each week, explore a different piece of the armor, such as truth, righteousness, faith, and prayer. This series will empower your students to stand firm in their faith and overcome the challenges that come their way.

The fall season presents a unique opportunity to infuse your student ministry with fresh energy and purpose. Pray for God’s guidance as you discern the right series for your group, and remember to create a safe and welcoming space for your youth to ask questions and share their hearts. As you prepare to embark on this exciting journey, remember that your love, dedication, and commitment can make a profound impact on the lives of these young souls. Fall in love with the process, cherish the growth, and witness the transformation of your student ministry.

Emma Tarp, Author

About the Author

Emma Tarp is a writer and worship leader based in Minneapolis, MN. On her best days, she's highlighter-deep in a good book or teaching herself to sew. On her other best days, she's helping passionate folks and inspired businesses put words to their work. Find out more at emmatarp.com.